Our Fundamentals Program is a prerequisite to joining the Strength & Conditioning classes consisting of two 90 minute classes. The classes are designed to teach you the proper mechanics to lift safely and effectively, as well as gradually introduce you to the intensity of Strength & Conditioning.
Movements to be covered during the Fundamentals Classes:
- Squatting: Air Squat, Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Pressing: Shoulder Press, Push Press, Push Jerk, Split Jerk
- Pulling: Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift High Pull, Clean, Snatch, Kettlebell Swing
- Gymnastics: Push-up, Pull-up, Sit-ups, Back & Hip Extensions, Box Jump
- Metabolic Conditioning: Rowing, Running, Jumping Rope
These movements will be taught in an environment that focuses on safety through proper form. Each class is 90 minutes in length and begins with a warm up that is specific to the movements that will be learned that day. The majority of the time will be spent working on learning and developing the technique of each movement that will be covered during that class. Participants will then complete a WOD that will be scaled to each individual’s fitness level. Following the WOD, there will be a cool down and a brief period of time to ask questions or discuss any of the movements learned that day. Come ready to work hard and have fun while learning something new!